Family and Pet Guide - Legal Page
Terms And Conditions of Use - Last Updated 10/23/2020
By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on the Family and Pet Guide website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not: modify or copy the materials; use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial); attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Family and Pet Guide website; remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by the Family and Pet Guide at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The Family and Pet Guide has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information provided on the site. Such information has been compiled from a variety of sources and is subject to change without notice from the Family and Pet Guide.
The Family and Pet Guide does not warrant or make any representations as to the quality, content, accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained on the site or any other website. This information and content is provided without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of title, non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or otherwise, other than those warranties which are incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under applicable law. Under no circumstances shall the Family and Pet Guide, our affiliates or our licensors be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or inability to use, the site or from information provided on the site. This limitation applies whether the alleged liability is based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or any other basis, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, our liability in such jurisdictions shall be limited to the extent permitted by law.
The Family and Pet Guide has created links to external websites in the hope that users will find reference material and information on advertiser-related subjects. www.familyandpetguide.com is a portal of information about the advertisers in the Family and Pet Guide. We feel that providing external links will assist readers of the Family And Pet Guide. Neither these sites, nor any content available through links to and from them, are screened, reviewed or endorsed by the Family and Pet Guide. Additionally, the Family and Pet Guide is not responsible for the privacy practices, activities or content of such independent sites. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
The inclusion of these links should not be construed as an endorsement or sponsorship of these external websites, their content, viewpoints, products, services or their hosts. Additionally, the Family and Pet Guide shall not be liable for any losses caused by reliance on the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of such information. The Family and Pet Guide specifically disavows legal responsibility for what a user may find on another site or for the personal opinions of individuals posted on any site, whether or not operated by the Family and Pet Guide. The views and opinions of the authors of documents published on or linked to the site do not necessarily state or reflect the opinion, policy or position of the Family and Pet Guide.
Business and Organization Listings Disclosure
Any reference made here to family, kid and pet oriented businesses, products, classes, activities and events is for informational purposes only. The Family and Pet Guide strongly encourage you to do your own research before engaging with a local business or organization or participating in any activity or event. The listing of any business, organization, activity, event or other entity on this website is not an official or personal endorsement unless expressly stated.
All activities and events listed on our website is for informational purposes only. The Family and Pet Guide is not responsible for any problems or injuries that may arise from participating in activities or events listed on our website and visitors to our website agree to hold The Family and Pet Guide harmless in any such claims. Participants assume all risks from any activities or events they engage in.
In no event shall the Family and Pet Guide or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the Family and Pet Guide internet site, even if the Family and Pet Guide or a Family and Pet Guide authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the Family and Pet Guide website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The Family and Pet Guide does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. The Family and Pet Guide may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. The Family and Pet Guide does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Changes to Our Site's Terms and Conditions of Use Policy
As necessary to address changes in laws or our business practices, we may modify our terms and conditions of use, in whole or in part, to address these changes at any time with or without notice. We will change the “Last Updated” date at the beginning of this terms and conditions of use policy. Any changes we make to our terms and conditions of use policy are effective as of this last updated date and replace any prior terms and conditions of use policy. We encourage you to review our terms and conditions of use policy periodically to make sure you still agree with it. By using this website, you are agreeing to be bound by the current version of the terms and conditions of use policy.
Any claim relating to the Family and Pet Guide website shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Purpose and Policy
The website, www.familyandpetguide.com, is meant to provide the public with convenient and efficient access to information about the Family And Pet Guide and its advertisers. In order to provide users with this information, the site may contain links to other web or computer sites that are not owned, regularly reviewed or controlled by the Family and Pet Guide. The Family and Pet Guide’s policy relevant to providing external links is described below. By using the site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this website legal policy. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, please exit the site immediately.
The Family and Pet Guide respects the privacy of your personal information. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, the Family and Pet Guide may include or offer third party services and products on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We do not allow anonymous comments on the Family and Pet Guide. Email addresses are required for commenting but they are not published or shared. They may be used by the Family and Pet Guide and/or blog owner to contact the poster if necessary. Our website is family friendly and comments with inappropriate, offensive and/or foul language as determined by the Family and Pet Guide will be edited or deleted. We don’t tolerate rudeness or personal attacks toward the Family and Pet Guide, other businesses, and/or other people. These comments will be deleted.
Protecting Your Child's Privacy
We follow the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to observe, participate in and/or monitor and guide their online activity. The Family and Pet Guide does not knowingly request or collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18. Minors are not allowed to make purchases or participate in giveaways on this site. Minors should not post any personal information to this site. If a parent or guardian believes that www.familyandpetguide.com has in its database the personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 18, please contact us immediately and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Advertising Terms & Conditions - Last Update 10/23/2020
The following are certain terms and conditions governing advertising published in the Family and Pet Guide (the “Directory”) for distribution in any media, including print and digital formats. Submission of insertion order for placement of advertising in the Directory constitutes acceptance of the following terms and conditions. No terms or conditions in any insertion orders, reservation orders, blanket contracts, instructions or documents other than this Rate Card will be binding on the Family and Pet Guide (“Publisher”), unless Publisher agrees to such terms and conditions in writing.
Agency Commission and Payment
1. Publisher may require payment for advertising upon terms determined by Publisher prior to publication of any advertisement.
2. Agency and advertiser are jointly and severally liable for the payment of all invoices arising from placement of advertising in the Directory and for all costs of collection of late payment.
3. If an account is placed with a collection agency or attorney for collection, all commissions and discounts will be rescinded or become null and void and the full advertising rate shall apply.
4. Agency commission (or equivalent): twenty percent (20%) of gross advertising space charges, payable only to recognized agents.
5. Invoices are rendered on or about the 15th of each month. Payments are due upon receipt, with the following exceptions: For all advertising not placed through a recognized agent, payments at Rate Card rates must be received no later than the issue closing date. Prepayment is required if credit is not established prior to ten (10) business days prior to the issue closing date. All payments must be in United States currency.
6. No agency commission is payable, and Publisher will not grant any discounts, on production charges. Any discounts received by advertiser on ad space charges may not be applied to production charges.
7. Advertiser shall pay any applicable international, federal, state and local taxes on the printing of advertising materials and on the sale of ad space.
Cancellation and Changes
1. Publisher expressly reserves the right to reject or cancel for any reason at any time any insertion order or advertisement without liability, even if previously acknowledged or accepted. In the event of cancellation for default in the payment of bills, charges for all advertising published as of the cancellation date shall become immediately due and payable.
2. Advertisers may not cancel orders for, or make changes in, advertising after the issue closing date. In the event Publisher accepts cancellation after any of the foregoing deadlines, such acceptance must be in writing, and such cancellation may be subject to additional charges at Publisher’s discretion.
3. The conditions of advertising in the Directory are subject to change without notice. Publisher will announce ad rate changes thirty (30) days prior to the closing date of the issue in which the new rates take effect. Orders for subsequent issues will be accepted at the then-prevailing rates.
1. Publisher is not liable for any failure or delay in printing, publishing, or circulating any copies of the issue of the Directory in which advertising is placed that is caused by, or arising from, an act of God, accident, fire, strike, terrorism or other occurrence beyond Publisher’s control.
2. Publisher is not liable for any failure or delay in publishing in the Directory any advertisement submitted to it. Publisher does not guarantee positioning of advertisements in the Directory, is not liable for failure to meet positioning requirements and is not liable for any error in key numbers. PUBLISHER WILL TREAT ALL POSITION STIPULATIONS ON INSERTION ORDERS AS REQUESTS.
3. The liability of Publisher for any act, error or omission for which it may be held legally responsible shall not exceed the cost of the ad space affected by the error. In no event shall Publisher be liable for any indirect, consequential, special or incidental damages, including, but not limited to, lost income or profits.
1. Advertising agency and advertiser jointly and severally represent and warrant that each advertisement submitted by it for publication in the Directory contains no copy, illustrations, photographs, text or other content that may result in any claim against Publisher. Advertising agency and advertiser jointly and severally shall indemnify and hold harmless Publisher from and against any damages and related expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising from the content of advertisements, including, but not limited to, claims of invasion of privacy, unauthorized use of names or pictures of living persons, trademark infringement, copyright infringement, libel and misrepresentation.
2. Publisher’s acceptance of an advertisement for publication in the Directory does not constitute an endorsement of the product or service advertised. No advertiser or agency may use the Directory’s name or logo without Publisher’s prior written permission for each such use.
3. The word “advertisement” will be placed above all advertisements that, in Publisher’s opinion, resembles editorial matter.
4. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. Any civil action or proceeding arising out of or related to this agreement shall be brought in the courts of record of the state of Florida in Polk County. Each advertiser and its agency consents to the jurisdiction of such courts and waives any objection to the laying of venue of any such civil action or proceeding in such courts.
Additional Copy and Contract Regulations
1. For advertising units less than full-page size, insertion orders must specify if advertisement is vertical or horizontal configuration. Insertion orders for all advertising units must state if advertisement carries a coupon.
2. Requested schedule of issues of ad insertions and size of ad space must accompany all insertion orders. Orders and schedules are accepted for the advertising by brand of product or service only and may not be re-assigned to other products or services or to affiliated companies without the consent of Publisher.
Questions about ad materials or the ad approval process? Contact us.
Contest Rules - Last Updated 10/23/2020
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN GIVEAWAYS. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE AN INDIVIDUAL'S CHANCES OF WINNING.
Eligibility - Giveaways are open to readers who over 18
How to Enter - Entry is typically made through email by completing the choices available. No one person may enter multiple times per day even with different email addresses.
Disclaimer - The Family and Pet Guide will not be responsible for: [a] any late or lost entries; [b] telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, internet, or other computer or communications related malfunctions or failures; any giveaway disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Family and Pet Guide or by unauthorized human intervention; or [c] any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the giveaway.
Entry Deadline Date - All entries for giveaways through this site must be received on or before the given ‘Entry Deadline Date’ to be eligible to win a prize.
Winner Selection - The winner will be chosen through a random number selector. If your entry number matches the random number generated, and you meet the eligibility requirements and otherwise comply with these Official Giveaway Rules, you win the prize.
Winner Notification - You will be notified within three  days after the Entry Deadline Date if you win the prize.
Claiming Your Prize - Winner must respond within three  days of notification or forfeit the prize, in which case an alternate winner will be selected.
Taxes - ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
Prize Substitution - Winner may not substitute the prize for any other prize or for cash, however, the Family and Pet Guide or the sponsoring company may substitute the prize for any other prize of equal or greater value, in its reasonable discretion, in the event the prize is not available for any reason outside of sponsor’s reasonable control.
Publicity - Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner’s first name and prize information for promotional purposes in any medium, except where prohibited by law, without further payment or other consideration.
Errors and Disputes - In the event of a dispute as to the ownership of any entry, the person whose name appears on the entry form associated with the prize number for the winning entry will be deemed to be the winner. It is your responsibility to control access to your email account. In the unlikely event that the winning prize number is duplicated, or a similar error occurs, the Family and Pet Guide may conduct a random drawing among such inadvertently duplicated numbers or apply another equitable remedy in its discretion to determine the winner. Decisions made by the Family and Pet Guide are final. By entering the giveaway, you agree to be bound by the decisions of the Family and Pet Guide and these official rules. You and your entries may be disqualified if you attempt to circumvent these official rules.
Technical Problems - The giveaway may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in the opinion of the Family and Pet Guide any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond its control impairs the integrity of the giveaway.
General Release - By entering any giveaway through this website, you release the Family and Pet Guide from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the giveaway or delivery, misdelivery or acceptance of any prize [including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional], whether under a theory of contract, tort [including negligence], warranty or other theory.